Despicable: Illness Outbreak at Red Sea Holiday Village Egypt!
Travel lawyers at national law firm, Simpson Millar LLP, are claiming compensation for a large group of holidaymakers who contracted Shigella Sonnei and Salmonella whilst on holiday at the Holiday Village Red Sea in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
Nick Harris, Head of International Travel Law at the firm, states “we have handled groups of people who were struck down with infections from cryptosporidium, E coli, salmonella and campylobacter food poisoning in 2010, 2011 and 2012 whilst staying at the Holiday Village Red Sea in Egypt!”
“How many more families staying at the Holiday Village must be exposed to bacterial food poisoning or parasites before First Choice take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening again?”
Simpson Millar LLP have been notified that a number of holidaymakers staying at the Red Sea Holiday Village in August and September 2013 have developed salmonella infection. This bug can cause a violent form of gastro-enteritis with diarrhoea, fever, nausea, headache, abdominal pain and vomiting.
“Occasionally a more serious illness can result, especially in very young babies and infants. The germ is usually spread in foodstuffs contaminated with salmonella, but person to person spread by direct contact with the infected faeces of another can occur – hence the importance of food handlers washing their hands after using the toilet.”
Nick continues to say, ‘we have advised First Choice that we are representing a substantial number of families claiming compensation for their ruined holidays. Collectively we believe their compensation claims are viable because the tour operator and/or hotel have been negligent in the provision of the hotel facilities and services. We anticipate that our clients will receive the compensation they deserve for their holiday nightmares.”
“The Red Sea Holiday Village is aimed at those with young families. It is despicable that a 4 star resort cannot provide food which is fit for human consumption to those who saved long and hard for their holiday in Egypt. ”
Travellers who stayed at the Holiday Village Red Sea in August or September 2013 who have suffered from classic symptoms of food poisoning are advised to see their GP upon their return to the UK.
Shigella, salmonella and various form of food poisoning can lead to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a common disorder of the digestive system. IBS has caused a lot of misery to those holidaymakers who were the victims of food poisoning at the Holiday Village Red Sea in the past.
Holidaymakers who are diagnosed with bacterial dysentery from either shigella or salmonella are advised to contact their GP, especially if they are continuing to suffer from a combination of stomach cramps and irregular bowel habits. Contact Simpson Millar LLP’s specialist travel team on 08081293329 for advice on joining our group claim for damages against First Choice Holidays. You will not be alone, and together we will fight every step of the way to successfully claim the compensation you deserve.