“Holidays from hell” as a result of illness at the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas in Agadir
Reviews on TripAdvisor are reporting outbreaks of tonsilitis and food poisoning at the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas in Agadir, Morocco. With many guests saying it was a “holiday from hell”.
A holidaymaker who stayed at the illness ridden ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas at the end of October and beginning of November reported many of the children staying there were coughing – and they also developed tonsilitis themselves.
Another guest who posted a review of the ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas on 2 November warned that vomiting and diarrhoea were a “major problem” at the hotel and all three members of her party fell ill.
The hotel is used by First Choice and this particular holidaymaker – who is pregnant – posted a damning review of hygiene at the hotel:
“Hygiene is extremely poor, cleaners were called to clean our bathroom after we were sick on the floor. The cleaner just mopped the floor with an old towel which was all ready black with dirt, then continued to mop the rest of the room with the same towel. Flies on food in restaurant. Raw chicken for the b-b-q was stored in an old plastic box outside in the heat!! First choice reps were useless, when I told them how ill we had been they did not have a reply??? Just total silence.”
Another review of the 4-star ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas posted on 1 November also reported that there is “a real issue with illness” at the hotel – and the couple and their daughter are still experiencing serious stomach illness two weeks after their return home.
The ClubHotel Riu Tikida Dunas does receive some good reviews on TripAdvisor, but as yet nether the hotel management nor First Choice have responded to negative reviews about serious outbreaks of holiday illness at the hotel.