Holiday Illness Hits Grand Cettia Hotel Marmaris in Turkey
Holidaymakers posting reviews on TripAdvisor have revealed that there is illness at the Grand Cettia Hotel in Marmaris and that Turkey has been hit by an outbreak of holiday food poisoning.
The 4-star Grand Cettia is popular with families and many of those posting their reviews had taken holidays at the Marmaris hotel in the half-term break.
The swimming pool was said to be crowded and the food bland – some guests suffered vomiting after contracting stomach bugs during their stay, according to a TripAdvisor review posted on 23 October.
Bacterial and parasitic gastrointestinal infections like Salmonella or Cryptosporidium can spread if guests with stomach upsets use the swimming pool, or children with soiled nappies are allowed into the pools – or if swimming pools are not tested for bacteria or parasites and disinfected daily.
The review alleged that meat for kebabs was left out in the sun for too long and the food did not taste “right”.
Another guest posting on TripAdvisor on 29 October said they fell ill on the last day of their holiday with an upset tummy, even though they had only eaten at the hotel during their stay.
Some holidaymakers also reported that the walkway round the pool was slippery and several guests were seen to fall.
The hotel is used by the tour operator Thomas Cook and under the 1992 Package Travel Regulations it is the duty of holiday representatives in resort to ensure that hygiene, food preparation standards and health and safety are maintained to prevent holiday illness and accidents occurring.
The hotel management had not responded to any of the negative reviews on TripAdvisor at the time of writing.
If you have suffered from an illness or accident whilst staying at the Grand Cettia in Marmaris then contact us to find out if you are eligible to any holiday compensation.